UPD Mail Archive: UPD> media sizes

UPD> media sizes

From: Norbert Schade (norbertschade@oaktech.com)
Date: Wed Feb 28 2001 - 13:52:50 EST

    In the files I spread around yesterday I created a temporary test size, which I will remove again in the public files. It is very similar to the normal Letter size.
    This was to demonstrate the chance of having two media sizes with the same MediaSize_Global_ID and/or MediaSize_Name_ID.
    In this case the value for x and y are identical as well. In case these values are switched, I would expect the RotatedFormat field to be set to TRUE the same time.
    The ID field should always be unique, as it is in this case.
    The major difference is the field FeedingMethod. A sample in the real world could be that a Letter has to be fed shortedge from the manual tray, but longedge from other trays.
    In this case the CommandSequence_ID is different, which is not necessarily the case.

    Another case where you would want to create a second Letter size with even all fields set to the same values would be, if you have different minimum hardware margins for it in different trays.

    These are just some usability studies how to work with the fields.

    Regards
    Norbert Schade