UPD Mail Archive: Re: UPD> Fw: short cuts/ hot keys

Re: UPD> Fw: short cuts/ hot keys

From: Jim Sommer (sommer@granitesystems.com)
Date: Fri May 11 2001 - 14:54:57 EDT

    I think each locale element should have an optional attribute for the
    keyboard short cut key. In the Windows world this is a standard feature and
    it shouldn't be up to the UI code to figure it out.

    I vote for an element that specifies the character that is to be the
    keyboard short cut. This allows the string writer to see which keys are
    being used as short cuts and avoid duplicates.

    Jim