UPD Mail Archive: UPD> new dtd version

UPD> new dtd version

From: Norbert Schade (norbertschade@mediaone.net)
Date: Mon May 14 2001 - 12:04:23 EDT

    Find attached the latest dtd files for the master and the print media handling plus the device description xml.

    1. Virtual units
    Although we discussed virtual units some time ago and used it already, especially in the font handling, we hadn't incorporated it in the master dtd.
    Done now as an attribute of the PrinterCap.Header.
    To remember: It has a number of advantages when not working in units of the current device resolution, but refer all pixel related values to a virtual unit, which the driver has to think in.
    In my xml I used 7200. A simple sample for some value of virtual units is the description of a resident bitmap font in 300 and 600 dpi. With the reference to virtual units it is enough to describe one font with one width table, not two different width tables.
    I am ready to explain that again more in detail within the upcoming sample implementations.

    2. Device resolution
    Implemented similar to the print media handling features.
    Watch the relation of the Master_Proprietary_ID to the virtual units in the xml: 12 = 7200 / 600dpi

    Regards
    Norbert Schade

    • application/octet-stream attachment: UPDF.dtd