UPD Mail Archive: Re: UPD> driver features

Re: UPD> driver features

From: Jim Sommer (sommer@granitesystems.com)
Date: Fri Jun 15 2001 - 15:56:21 EDT

    I would not group "Scale Patterns" and "Print Text as Black" with "Edge to
    Edge". Edge to edge (or full bleed) printing can not be added to a driver
    unless it is supported by the printer. Scale patterns, text as black, and
    render mode are functions implemented totally in the driver without any
    printer functionality. I don't think they belong in UPDF until we start
    addressing UI issues.

    Jim