UPDF agenda for Toronto
1.1. features at least close to finish
- Extensible Configuration
- event handlers
1.2. features under development
- raster graphic
- composite features
- public lists (input parameters from driver, JCL keyword lists)
1.3. features in brainstorming mode
- rendering mode
- user group policies (customized UI, user specific settings)
1.4. missing features
1.5. limitations of UPDF level 1
2. Sample implementations
2.1. Linux (IBM)
2.2. MS Windows (Granite Systems)
2.3. printer implementations (QMS/Minolta, Hitachi)
2.4. device fonts (TBD)
2.5. realistic plan for 2001 for targets
- extend the number supported models
- more driver developers, even platforms
- more printer manufacturers
- more PDL (like add a PCL 6 sample)
- more JCL (not just PJL, IPP?, JDF?)
3. General design questions
3.1. finish UPDF, level 1
- specification documentation (like 'UPDF Functional Specification')
- establishing a series of last calls
- last call per section (e.g. print media handling, font handling, etc.)
- tutors for different sections?
a tutor would manage the last call of his/her section including solving outstanding problems, editing existing
- marketing documents
- level 1 announcement when?
- has everything to be ready when we announce?
- support of level 1 after announcement
- level 1 presentation when?
- together with announcement?
- what kind of presentation?
- will we have a support members list?
3.2. Moving from DTD to schema
- schema format/language
- to write schemas
- to write XML based on a schema
The rough plan is to spend the morning (8.30 - 12) on item 1, the first half of the afternoon on item 2 (1 - 3.30) and the second half on item 3 (3.45 - 5.45).
Principle Software Engineer
Host Software Group
Oak Technology, Inc.
10 Presidential Way
Woburn, MA 01801
This archive was generated by hypermail 2b29 : Fri Jun 29 2001 - 14:32:06 EDT