UPD Mail Archive: UPD> halftoning

UPD> halftoning

From: Norbert Schade (norbertschade@mediaone.net)
Date: Sat Feb 16 2002 - 16:59:25 EST

    We will support halftoning on the host by offering a place to specify matrices in predefined sizes of 8x8, 16x16 and 32x32. If a driver is not supporting all of the predefined sizes, it is supposed to provide internal fallbacks. If a UPDF description provides 16x16 or 32x32 matrices, do not expect it to provide 8x8 matrices additionally for fallbacks.

    We will support the selection of device internal halftoning by sending the proper command sequences at the proper place within a print stream. We think we can do that object specific (text, vector, raster), if required for a device. Be prepared to use a composite feature to accomplish that.

    We will not support downloading a halftoning matrix for any object.

    Comments???

    Norbert Schade
    69 Prescott Drive
    North Chelmsford, MA 01863