UPD Mail Archive: UPD> some small items

UPD> some small items

From: Norbert Schade (norbertschade@attbi.com)
Date: Tue May 07 2002 - 19:55:47 EDT

    1. is there interest to extend our list of DRV_keys to some job and user related variables???

    samples could be:
      a.. job id
      b.. user name
      c.. user id
      d.. workstation
      e.. domain
      f.. application sending the document
      g.. document name
    may be you have a longer list.

    2. we still think about the file formats we might support for pictures, if we support them in a UI.
    first idea was JPEG. what about gif???
    target is to decide on one eventually.

    3. I request bytes instead of kilobytes in the band_units_enum.
    the background I have in mind a quite dirty. may be the driver is not only concerned about a print head height or maximum input buffer, but also to create small enough snippets to allow an application (like a language monitor or what our Linux friends call a client) to hold the job for a moment and communicate to the device. I know this attribute would not be enough but it allows small snippets with a byte number.

    Norbert Schade
    69 Prescott Drive
    North Chelmsford, MA 01863
    978-251-1017