UPD Mail Archive: UPD> MIT attributes

UPD> MIT attributes

From: NorbertSchade@oaktech.com
Date: Fri Sep 20 2002 - 12:09:08 EDT

    Just to explain where I came from.
    Yes, I use an XML editor and thought we want the license to pop up there in
    a way that you can easily read it in the app on one screen.
    If we assume the files will rather be opened in a straight text editor, I
    understand Mark's comment.
    Of course, we could fill it all into one attribute (I'd have to check for
    max length). I haven't seen a way to wrap lines in my app, so it would show
    up a one long line, where you have to scroll.

    All MIT attributes are of type fixed, which to my knowledge is the only way
    I can protect the wording. My interpretation of fixed is mandatory, but I
    noticed that my Turbo XML does not care so much.
    If I just declare it as 'required', anybody could change the text, which we
    don't either, do we?

    Norbert