UPD Mail Archive: UPD> more accurate font attributes

UPD> more accurate font attributes

From: NorbertSchade@oaktech.com
Date: Tue Mar 04 2003 - 18:50:41 EST

    Some days ago I laid out another task, which is strictly device font
    related.
    While the overall structure has proven right for a while, we had some items
    on our to-do list. The most important one was to specify the attribute
    types more accurately.

    My proposal:
    1. DeviceFont.ID fine as is
    2. DeviceFont.Font_Family enum: DONTCARE, ROMAN, SWISS,
    MODERN, SCRIPT, DECORATIVE
    3. DeviceFont.Font_Vendor make mandatory, but leave as
    string
    4. DeviceFont.Encoding make mandatory, stays on to-do
    list for further details, must be an enum eventually
    5. DeviceFont.Passive_Font mandatory, boolean
    6. DeviceFont.Parameter fine as is
    7. DeviceFont.IFIMETRICS_INFO make all attributes boolean, which is
    the simplest method. if somebody wants to group some flags, speak now.
                                  add TECH_TRUETYPE, TECH_TYPE1, TECH_MM,
    TECH_CFF.
    8. DeviceFont.PseudoDeviceFonts fine as is
    9. IFIMETRICS_Selection make all attributes boolean

    That's it for today. More to come.
    Please comment by Thursday, 13th.

    Regards
    Norbert Schade