UPD Mail Archive: UPD> Fw: ID attributes

UPD> Fw: ID attributes

From: Norbert Schade (norbertschade@comcast.net)
Date: Tue Jan 13 2004 - 10:02:51 EST

    second attempt.

    ----- Original Message -----
    From: Norbert Schade
    To: UPD group
    Sent: Monday, January 12, 2004 11:21 AM
    Subject: ID attributes

    Almost all attributes with name="ID" are of type="xsd:ID" now.
    Exceptions: ID attributes of Parameter elements (in data types and wildcards) and some identifiers in font handling.

    Advantage: ID were supposed to be unique whereever possible from beginning on. Now your XML application can check that during validation, as they have to be unique by definition. We also have an advantage when we refer to one of them in an attribute of type="IDREF". XMLSpy shows available ID entries for convenience.

    Regards
    Norbert Schade

    Norbert Schade
    69 Prescott Drive