UPD Mail Archive: UPD> user interfaces

UPD> user interfaces

From: Norbert Schade (norbertschade@comcast.net)
Date: Mon Jan 26 2004 - 16:05:46 EST

    We have added a LocaleReference attribute to the UserInterface element.
    This allows it (not mandatory) to assign a certain user interface to certain locales (of form 'enUS') like for the Asian market, but have another generic user interface as the default (no LocaleReference attribute assigned).
    Allowed values are pairs of two-character snippets, which are the familiar terms for language and country (see the UPDFDataTypes schema for reference).

    We have also added a wildcard element to UIGroup and UIFeature elements.
    This enables developers to link their own UI structures to the UPDF instances to support extended user interface tags.

    Further details in the Spec.

    Regards
    Norbert Schade

    Norbert Schade