before we close the spec I want to publically ask, if anybody is asking for further extensibility by adding further wildcards to certain elements.
- right now we support PrintCapabilities. maybe somebody wants to add ScanCapabilities, etc.
- there is no wildcard. however I think we covered that pretty well.
3. All features
- we have wildcards on the feature record level, but not on the feature level (parallel to a record). we cannot predict the future and some feature may be more suitable than others for extensions.
- certainly a special feature
3.2. the halftoning features
- quite unpredictable
3.3. variable features like Copies, ScalingPercentage.
- these do not have any wildcard so far.
I do not easily see other candidates.
When it comes to objects, dependencies and events a driver may want to rely on a certain architecture. That was the reason for the whole standard at the first place.
What do you think???
69 Prescott Drive
This archive was generated by hypermail 2b29 : Thu Feb 26 2004 - 14:11:13 EST