UPD Mail Archive: UPD> UPDF last call, day 8

UPD> UPDF last call, day 8

From: Norbert Schade (norbertschade@comcast.net)
Date: Wed Mar 10 2004 - 09:09:36 EST

    the schedule:
    - On Wednesday, March 10th, we'll finish the unit description with the dependencies and events.

    We consider the UPDF dependencies unique due to their compact and powerful format.
    There's exactly one dependency defined for one set of features involved.
    Sample: (if (duplex=long-edge) and (media size=letter)) is the condition. you can still define two different actions on it depending on which feature has the focus (in UPDF that is dominant).

    In the events you can define the assembly of the print file to some degree. certainly this is the place to correctly position all the command sequences and parameters.

    Regards
    Norbert Schade

    Norbert Schade
    69 Prescott Drive