UPD Mail Archive: UPD> File Comments and Version

UPD> File Comments and Version

From: Sommer, Jim (Jim.Sommer@AgfaMonotype.com)
Date: Thu Mar 25 2004 - 16:40:36 EST

    I would like to see a formal place for a UPDF author to add version
    information and any other comments at the beginning of each instance. I know
    they can just add XML comments, but I think it would be nice to have a
    defined place that can be accessed with any XML editor.

    We have the DescriptionInfo in the device description but this is supposed
    to be used for overall version and copyright information that is displayed
    in an "About" box.

    In the DeviceHeader we have DescriptionVersion and DescriptionComment. These
    are good but are unfortunately only in the device description file.

    I think we sould remove the DescriptionVersion and DescriptionComment from
    the DeviceHeader and add to all schemas a FileInfo element with version and
    comment fields. This will allow all instances to be properly versioned and
    commented by developers.

    Jim

    mailto:Jim.Sommer@AgfaMonotype.com
    978-486-3068