UPD Mail Archive: UPD> Oasis communicates XML resources

UPD> Oasis communicates XML resources

From: Norbert Schade (schade@oasissemi.com)
Date: Fri Jun 25 2004 - 09:59:20 EDT

    My company, OASIS SEMICONDUCTOR, has decided on communicating all text
    resources for host software development by XML resources with all their
    customers.

    The resources are considered as part of the host software specifications.

    This provides for a number of advantages:

    1. all strings are based on Unicode.
    2. all strings can be defined in clean lists and not as part of a word
    processing document.
    3. all strings can be maintained outside source code.
    4. standard XML tools and applications can be used to read, write and
    edit the strings.
    5. all strings needed as input for printer drivers are based on the
    UPDF Locale schema. Where other schemas are needed, they follow the same
    architecture.

    And last not least it prepares us for the next steps we have in mind.

    Regards,

    Norbert Schade

    Norbert Schade

    Software Manager