My company, OASIS SEMICONDUCTOR, has decided on communicating all text
resources for host software development by XML resources with all their
The resources are considered as part of the host software specifications.
This provides for a number of advantages:
1. all strings are based on Unicode.
2. all strings can be defined in clean lists and not as part of a word
3. all strings can be maintained outside source code.
4. standard XML tools and applications can be used to read, write and
edit the strings.
5. all strings needed as input for printer drivers are based on the
UPDF Locale schema. Where other schemas are needed, they follow the same
And last not least it prepares us for the next steps we have in mind.
Oasis Semiconductor, Inc.
201 Jones Road
Waltham, MA 02451
This archive was generated by hypermail 2b29 : Fri Jun 25 2004 - 10:00:55 EDT