[PWG-Announce] Initial draft of Deprecating IPP Print by Reference v1.0 posted

Michael Sweet msweet at msweet.org
Sun Jun 20 03:19:14 UTC 2021

All,

I have posted the initial draft of an IPP Registration titled "Deprecating IPP Print by Reference v1.0 (DEPURI)" to:

	https://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ippdepuri10-20210619.docx
	https://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ippdepuri10-20210619.pdf

The purpose of this registration is to formally deprecate the Print-URI and Send-URI operations and the related attributes, values, and status code.

(As a reminder, deprecating something is equivalent to a SHOULD NOT conformance requirement.  We are not proposing to outlaw print by reference, we are just recommending against its general usage...)