VOTES ARE CONFIDENTIAL! See voting instructions below.
This email initiates the Formal Approval vote by the PWG membership on the IPP Driver Replacement Extensions v2.0 (NODRIVER) document as a PWG Candidate Standard, which is located at:
The complete list of PWG Last Call issues and resolutions is located at:
This Formal Vote starts today, February 1, 2023 and ends at 10pm (US Pacific Time) on March 1, 2023. Valid votes are: Yes, No, No (with Strong Objection), or Abstain.
Representatives from PWG member companies are STRONGLY encouraged to exercise their right to vote.
HOW TO VOTE
Send an email with *exactly* the following subject line format:
IPP Driver Replacement Extensions v2.0 Formal Vote-<company name>-<voter's last name>-<Yes/No/Abstain>
IPP Driver Replacement Extensions v2.0 Formal Vote-Acme-McGee-Yes
1. Any "No" vote MUST state the reason for the "No" vote and MUST contain a description of the *technical* changes required to turn the "No" vote into a "Yes" vote - otherwise the "No" vote will NOT be counted, per PWG Process/3.0.
2. Any "No" vote MUST NOT contain *editorial* comments, per PWG Process/3.0.
3. Any "Yes" vote MAY contain "editorial" comments, per PWG Process/3.0.
4. Any "Yes" vote MUST NOT contain any *technical* comments, per PWG Process/3.0.
5. Any "Abstain" vote counts toward quorum, but not approval.
WHERE TO SEND YOUR VOTE
Please send your vote to *all* of the following email addresses:
jeremy.leber at lexmark.com (Jeremy Leber, PWG Chair)
smith.kennedy at hp.com (Smith Kennedy, PWG Vice Chair, IPP NODRIVER editor)
blueroofmusic at gmail.com (Ira McDonald, PWG Secretary, IPP WG Co-Chair)
msweet at msweet.org (Mike Sweet, IPP WG Secretary)
Please do NOT simply reply to this note on the PWG-Announce or IPP WG lists (to preserve the confidentiality of your vote).
1. This Formal Vote is being conducted under the rules of the PWG Process/3.0 and the current PWG Policy on Intellectual Property and Confidentiality agreement. The PWG Membership Agreement calls out both of these documents and the links are provided below.
2. To be eligible to vote the member MUST have submitted a signed copy of the PWG Membership Agreement and paid their dues for 2023.
3. The PWG Definition of the Standards Development Process Version 3.0 is located at:
4. The PWG Policy on Intellectual Property and Confidentiality is located at:
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 833 bytes
Desc: Message signed with OpenPGP