IDS> Next Steps For IDS/NAP Study

Ron.Bergman at ricoh-usa.com Ron.Bergman at ricoh-usa.com
Fri Jun 6 18:31:57 EDT 2008

As was proposed in that last telecon, we are going to concentrate initially
on the Microsoft Network Access Protection (NAP) protocol.  From my initial
review of the specifications, it appears that the Statement Of Health (SOH)
and the Windows Security Health (WSH) are the core protocols.  (This was
also mentioned by Nancy in the telecon.)  There appears to be a significant
amount of MS OS specific parameters in these documents and it may be
necessary to define an extension (or extensions) to the protocol for
printers.

I would like all participants in this effort to review these two documents
prior to the next telecon and provide a list of questions or issues
relative to the applicability of the protocol to a Multi-Function device.
If a Microsoft representative is at the face to face meeting or is able to
call in, we can then present the list.  Otherwise, I will send the list to
Erhan to pass on to the appropriate Microsoft group.

The second item we need to accomplish prior to the F2F meeting, is to
understand the required NAP protocol stack. This should be an easier task
than the first, so if you cannot do the first look at this!