IDS> Minutes of TCG HCWG phone call

Ira McDonald blueroofmusic at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 13:45:16 EDT 2009

Hi,

An observation about the extent of compatibility between IETF NEA and TCG TNC
specs.  The IETF (and presumably TCG) specs for PB-TNC (Posture Broker) and
PA-TNC (Posture Attributes) *punt* security completely and say that's
the problem
of the PT (Posture Transport) component.

Although the IETF NEA charter says they will specify one 'mandatory to
implement'
transport, *nothing* in any published IETF NEA WG I-D ever does so.

PWG IDS can't write a binding to IETF NEA, because there's no transport, no
authentication, no integrity, etc.  Who knows what goes 'on the wire'?

Jerry and Randy - you guys have followed IETF NEA - is this magic
secure transport
sauce somewhere in IETF NEA WG minutes, or is it just not there to be found?

Blue Roof Music/High North Inc
email: blueroofmusic at gmail.com
winter:
  579 Park Place  Saline, MI  48176