[IDS] 6/18 teleconference call minutes

Randy Turner rturner at amalfisystems.com
Sun Jun 21 03:15:58 UTC 2009

Parsing shouldn't be a problem if we "standardize" how the value (or
values, if a multi-value attribute) are encoded.

Now the second part, the "interpretation" could be an issue.  For FIPS
certifications, the hash fingerprints are a matter of public
record and a plug-in could just record the correct fingerprint values
and do a comparison.

Likewise, for any other type of certification, it would help if the
"value(s)" that are encoded are a matter of public record, preferably
in some type of registry (as is maintained by NIST and other
agencies), or some other type of publicly accessible database.

Randy