[IDS] PWG document template

Randy Turner rturner at amalfisystems.com
Fri Nov 13 19:46:03 UTC 2009

Hi All,

My apologies for not getting the latest NEA mapping document out in time for the most recent IDS teleconference.

I am trying to update "TBD" sections of the previous document version while at the same time working on incorporating comments I
received from Steve Hanna.

One of Steve's comments "may" apply to more than just the current NEA mapping document, as the comment applies to "generic" PWG document
template text that I cut-and-pasted from the MS-NAP mapping document.

It concerns section 2.1 of the NEA mapping doc...see below

2.1 Conformance Terminology

Capitalized terms, such as MUST, MUST NOT, REQUIRED, SHOULD, SHOULD NOT, MAY, NEED NOT, and OPTIONAL, have special meaning relating to conformance as defined in RFC 2119 [RFC2119].

Steve indicated that RFC 2119 does NOT define the term "NEED NOT".

The group can discuss whether or not this applies to other documents maybe in the next teleconference, or at a face-to-face meeting.

Randy

believed to be clean.