In light of the suggested changes for the IPP project, I have updated the
I want us to make sure that we can reach agreement on this in tomorrow's
phone conference so that I can pass on the revised version to the IETF.
Do we have a volonteer to take notes during the BOF?
Agenda for BOF on Internet Printing Protocol in IETF San Jose Meeting
December 12, 1996, 1:00 - 3:00 pm.
Introduction (10 mins)
History and Requirements (30 mins)
- Existing standards for printing
- Current user and technology requirements
- Proposed Charter for IPP
Strawman proposal for the Internet Printing Protocol (30 mins)
- Work to date in the Printer Working Group (PWG)
- Presentation of the Strawman document
Discussion and Resolution of Issues (if possible) (30 mins)
- What is the right level of "lightness" for IPP?
- Needs to coordinate with other IETF projects?
- Choice of Directory service for IPP?
- Security Requirements for IPP?
Wrap-up (10 mins)
- Summary of discussion
- List remaining issues to be resolved
- Home work assignments
- Make recommendation about further progress in IETF
701 S. Aviation Blvd.
El Segundo, CA 90245, USA
E-mail: manros at cp10.es.xerox.com