IPP> What is it we really need?

Caruso,Angelo Angelo_Caruso at wb.xerox.com
Mon Jan 6 17:56:42 EST 1997

Babak,

I agree that a low-end printer can not be expected to provide the level
 of job queueing and manipulation that a full blown server can provide.
 But, ultimately one must transfer the job data to the "same old
 printer box". How then do you propose we get the data to the printer?
 Are you proposing that IPP be reserved for those customers who are
 lucky enough to have a spare NT server off of which to run a parallel
 cable to their printer?

Angelo