Keith_Carter at aussmtp.austin.ibm.com Keith_Carter at aussmtp.austin.ibm.com
Wed Mar 5 10:01:34 EST 1997

  Based on email and discussion with Bob H., here is the
  proposal for additional text formatting attributes:

  5.2.8.15  font-style (type2Enum)

  This job attribute specifies the style of the font to
  use for all text in the document.

  The standard values are:
     normal       The characters are upright.
     bold         The characters are bolded or highlighted.
     italic       The characters are italicized.
     bold-italic  The characters are bolded and italicized.

  NOTE TO MODEL TEAM:  There are more styles but I tried
  to list the most common styles to hit the 80-20 rule so
  we don't spend too much time on this matter.

  5.2.8.16 insert-line-numbers (boolean)

  This job attribute specifies that the lines should be
  numbered in the document.  Line numbers will appear
  throughout the document on the left side of each printed
  line.  The number of the first line of the first page shall
  be 1.  The number of the first line each page, except the
  first page, shall be one more than the number of the last
  line of the previous page.  The Printer shall not number
  header and footer lines.

  5.2.8.17 text-border (boolean)

  This job attribute specifies that a border shall be drawn
  around each column of text on each page within the document.
  A Printer shall determine the size and position of each
  border from the size and position of the text column, and
  not from the position, length or width of the text within
  the text column. For example, the border for a text column
  is the same whether the text fills the column or ends part
  way down the column.

  The standard values are:

    yes   Draw a border.
    no    Do not draw a border.

  5.2.8.18 word-wrap (boolean)

  This job attribute specifies how long lines are printed in
  the document.

  The standard values are:

     yes   Any text that extends beyond the right margin is
           moved to the next print line.
     no    Any text that extends beyond the right margin is
           truncated at the right margin.

  Keith