IPP> "IPP" == "DPA"

Roger K Debry rdebry at us.ibm.com
Thu Mar 20 16:23:19 EST 1997

Classification:
Prologue:
Epilogue: Roger K deBry
Senior Techncial Staff Member
Architecture and Technology
IBM Printing Systems
email: rdebry at us.ibm.com
phone: 1-303-924-4080

Jay wrote:

Harry and Scott have voiced their opinions regarding the need to
keep IPP simple.  Roger also voiced an opinion; however, with all
due respect, his comments made it sound as if the IPP was in some
way *required* to satisfy all known requirements, based on apparent
market demand.

RKD> Ultimately, I'd like to be sure that IPP covers 80% of the needs of the
marketplace.
RKD> However, I am all for cutting V1.0 down to a manageable and quickly agreed
upon
RKD> and implementable size.  I believe we are at the point where we need to
cut and
RKD run with a model document for V1.0 or we won't be on the standards track
this year!