Tom Hastings hastings at cp10.es.xerox.com
Thu Mar 20 18:45:11 EST 1997

I like your clarification of how defaulting happens (when a Printer
accepts a job in the Print request).

In answer to your question as to what happens if the Administrator
changes the Printer defaults after a job has been accepted (and defaulted):

There is no effect on the jobs that have already been accepted (and defaulted).
Only future jobs are affected with the new defaults.  This is the simplest
to implement and for the end-user to understand.  If the user queries his/her
job after it has been accepted and sees a value (that was defaulted), that
value will be the one that is used, even if the Administrator
subsequently changes the Printer's defaults.

Tom