IPP> MOD - RE: The Universal Print Driver

Roger K Debry rdebry at us.ibm.com
Mon Apr 28 10:07:46 EDT 1997

Classification:

I'm surprised at the sensitivity people have expressed over mentioning another
topic
over the IPP banner.  While I agee that real work on other subjects, such as a
Universal
Print Driver, should be outside the scope of IPP, let's not get so concerned
over a
little discussion that we fail to recognize the value there is in having those
discussions.

In this case, the model group believed that there was value in making some
statements
about the need for a different driver model than those which are in vogue
today. I believe
that it is perfectly sensible to have a discussion on what we in the IPP group
believe
that model should look like in order to make IPP more useful and more
effective, and I
think that we should take the opportunity whenever possible to influence the
vendors
who provide these interfaces.

Roger K deBry
Senior Techncial Staff Member