IPP> MOD - new model document

Scott Isaacson SISAACSON at novell.com
Fri May 9 00:44:16 EDT 1997

I have posted a new version of the model document.

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/new_MOD/ipp-model-970509.doc
ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/new_MOD/ipp-model-970509.pdf
ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/new_MOD/ipp-model-970509.txt

It is not in very good shape.  I am about 3/4 of the way through, but I ran
out of
time in order to post in a reasonable amount of time for the 5/9
teleconference.  With some many revision marks, it is really hard to read
right now.

Notice I went from version 2.2 to a dated version (970509) - this will help
in making it an I-D more quickly.

Some highlights:

1. Left terminology in section 2, moved most of conformance to section 7.
This is still not as clean as I would like it to be.

2.  I tried to do a lot with the Job Templates section.  I added
xxx-supported and xxx-available.  I have completely left out xxx-capable for
right now

3. I started to clean up the attributes section.
6.2  is for Job Template attributes
6.3 is for Job attributes
6.4 is for Document
6.5 is for Printer

Notice how I started to work on the first few job template attributes (I
only did three or four) please give feed back on how that is turning out.

3. Tom fixed a lot of language in the Operations section.  I just got
Roger's write up and I have not put that in yet on SendDoc.

4. Carl-Uno has some suggested edits which I just got and I have not rolled
those in yet.

The plan from here on out.

1. Review the doc as it is on Friday 5/9 (the PDF with line numbers please)
2. Don't worry about little edits, just the main structure for right now
3. I will then redo the document and issue a real I-D (i'll post
the PDF and DOC versions with line numbers)
4. This will be the doc to review in San Diego.

Scott