IPP>PRO - Print by reference

Randy Turner rturner at sharplabs.com
Thu Jun 5 17:38:29 EDT 1997

If someone makes a document publically available, then the author or
person responsible
for publishing this document as 'public' will make sure that it is in a
form that is generalized
in PDL (postscript, pcl, etc.) to print on the widest possible variety
of devices.

This is no different than what alot of document houses and computer
systems vendors are
doing by delivering alot of their document in postscript format on
CDROM. While its true
someone could generate a document using a printer driver with very odd
characteristics, but
if the author was truly interested in making this a public document, I
doubt whether this would
be the avenue that the author would choose for publication.

Randy