Tom Hastings hastings at cp10.es.xerox.com
Sun Jul 6 18:07:20 EDT 1997

Jay,

Go ahead and edit the .doc file.

I just posted the updates that we agreed to at the meeting with
revision marks turned on:

-rw-r--r--   1 pwg      pwg        33792 Jul  6 21:56 lpd-ipp.doc
-rw-r--r--   1 pwg      pwg        24631 Jul  6 21:54 lpd-ipp.pdf
-rw-r--r--   1 pwg      pwg        16181 Jul  6 21:55 lpd-ipp.txt

so you should start with that version.  First accept all revisions
before editing.  Also please make sure that revision marks are turned on while
you edit.

I'm curious about all your changes though, since I think we agreed that the
purpose of the document is to relate what is said in 1179 to IPP, rather than
to relate what is actual practice to IPP.  I did take Bob Herriot's
suggestion to put into an appendix the few most flagrant differences between
1179 and current practice.

As far as Carl-Uno's concern about producing .txt for the IETF, I've also posted
the .txt file that I can automatically (well all-mosot) from the .doc file,
so don't worry about that.  The .txt file that I posted has a few 79-character
lines that I'll fix before we publish to not exceed 72 characters.

I've added you and Bob as authors already.

Tom