IPP> Job-URI discussion

Tom Hastings hastings at cp10.es.xerox.com
Tue Sep 9 21:04:03 EDT 1997

Jim,

One of the arguments in favor of Job-URI has been that the HTTP
redirect can be used if the job is moved.  However, why can't server
notification be used when a job is moved.  The client can indicate
an interest if the job is moved as a job event and can update its
tables with the new location?  So notification would be an alternative
for allowing jobs to move even if we didn't have job-URI for jobs.

I'm still catching up on this job-URI vs. job-id debate and have not
formed a final opinion.

Tom