IPP> ADM - Article about IPP in Web Vantage

Carl-Uno Manros cmanros at cp10.es.xerox.com
Fri Sep 26 19:45:23 EDT 1997

The following news snippet appeared in today's version of Web Vantage:

----

VANTAGE POINT http://www.web-vantage.com/vpnt.cfm

INTERNET PRINTING PROTOCOL NEARS COMPLETION
Analysis by Stephen Beals, contributing editor
  http://www.web-vantage.com/wv/970926v1.cfm
The promise of IPP is a method of printing over any platform via a browser to
printers all over the country that make themselves available to be accessed.
And if all goes as planned, we'll start seeing commercial products supporting
this protocol next year.

---

You need to be a registered user to actually read the full article, so I
took the liberty to copy the text in a document called:

	ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/press-reports/Web-Vantage.doc

You will find that mentioning IETF and the PWG to the same person always
leads to misunderstandings! The author got some of it right though.

Carl-Uno

Carl-Uno Manros
Phone +1-310-333 8273, Fax +1-310-333 5514
Email: manros at cp10.es.xerox.com