IPP> Attributes

Tom Hastings hastings at cp10.es.xerox.com
Tue Dec 16 13:31:17 EST 1997

It is a little confusing, since the status code is indicated as
being in group 1 in the Model, along with the OPTIONAL "status-message",
and MANDATORY "attributes-charset" and "attributes-natural-language",
but the status code is always returned as a two octet value in the
protocol, so it really isn't really an operation attribute returned in
group 1.

One way to think of it is that the status code is a operation attribute
that is mapped in the protocol document to the fixed place in the protocol
(and there is no "status-code" keyword returned, only the two-octet value).

We probably need to clarify this in both the Model and Protocol documents.

Tom