Tom Hastings hastings at cp10.es.xerox.com
Wed May 6 04:45:36 EDT 1998

Scott, Bob, Kris, and I finished the collaboration on the MIB access using
IPP.  We incorporated the agreements from last week's telecon.
We'd like to present it at the telecon today, 10-12 PDT (1-3 EDT).
There are a few minor issues highlighted in yellow.

Its available at:
ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/new_MOD/ipp-mib-access-980505-rev.doc
ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/new_MOD/ipp-mib-access-980505-rev.pdf
ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/new_MOD/ipp-mib-access-980505.doc
ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/new_MOD/ipp-mib-access-980505.pdf

Please use the last one for the telecon.

Here is the abstract:

                         IPP Device and MIB access
                               Version 0.03

                                 Abstract

This document introduces a new Device object into the IPP object model.  An
IPP Printer object may support one or more Device objects which each
represent a physical device as shown in the Internet Printing Protocol/1.0:
Model and Semantics specification.  This document provides read access to
such Device objects by defining a mapping from table entries in the Printer
MIB to new algorithmically generated attribute names.  New algorithmically
generated attribute group names allow convenient read-only access to any
row, any column, and any entire table in the Printer MIB, as well as the
entire Printer MIB.  A general algorithmically generated attribute name
provides access to any single SNMP object in any MIB.  These new attribute
names and attribute group names are supplied in the "requested-attributes"
Operation attribute of the current Get-Printer-Attributes operation.  A new
OPTIONAL "which-device" Operation attribute permits the requester to select
a particular device for the case where an IPP Printer object is supporting
more than one device.