I downloaded the zip file using Netscape Communicator 4.04 running on
Linux. I used "unzip" to unzip the file, and all emerged with filenames
intact. I did have to quickly write my own shell script to run the client,
since DOS batch files don't work in tcsh, but that's about it.
It doesn't make sense to me that the client used for downloading the zip
file could affect its contents in any case - the problem as originally
reported sounds like a classic DOS/Windows "8.3" file name limitation.
I had the same problem after I downloaded the zip file using Netscape
Communicator 4.04 running on NT 4.0.
Once I repeated the download and used Internet Explorer 4.0 and the
same unzip tools (I tested it with several tools to be sure) the Xerox
Client Tool came up.
I don't know if the problem is with the zip file or in Netscape
Communicator but if anyone has more information please let us know.
Yigal Banker (ybanker at ggx.com)
From: Hugo Parra [SMTP:HPARRA at novell.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 06, 1998 1:43 PM
To: ipp at pwg.org
Subject: Re: IPP> TES - IPP Test Tools
I had some trouble running the Xerox IPP Client Tool on my Win95
workstation, but finally found out what was wrong. Here's what the
matter was as an FYI.
Unzipping IPPClientV1_0.zip resulted in five new files. One of them
was IppClien.jar (not IppClient.jar - notice the 't' missing).
IppClient.bat expects IPPClient.jar to be in the local directory (not
IppClien.jar). Without it, the following error message gets
"Can't find class com/xerox/ipp/client/gb"
Once I modified IppClient.bat to use IppClien.jar, the IPP Client
loaded fine. It is possible that it was my unzip tool that messed up
the name of my files; I haven't had time to try a different tool to
verify this but seems likely since Lexmark reported no problems
running the client.
>>> "Carl-Uno Manros" <carl at manros.com> 08/05 7:54 AM >>>
As indicated yesterday, the IPP tools are today officially released.
want to see the release note it can be found at: