Ira Mcdonald x10962 imcdonal at eso.mc.xerox.com
Wed Oct 21 17:28:06 EDT 1998

Per our discussion of Internet FAX (IFAX and EIFAX) today and
IPP gateways on the IPP Telecon

[excerpt]

Network Working Group                                          R. Brett
Request for Comments: 2436                              Nortel Networks
Category: Informational                                      S. Bradner
                                                     Harvard University
                                                             G. Parsons
                                                        Nortel Networks
                                                           October 1998

               Collaboration between ISOC/IETF and ITU-T

Status of this Memo

   This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
   not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
   memo is unlimited.

Copyright Notice

   Copyright (C) The Internet Society (1998).  All Rights Reserved.

Overview

   This document describes the collaboration process between the ITU-T
   and ISOC/IETF. The process was documented by ITU-T at its TSAG
   (Telecommunication Standardization Advisory Group) meeting in
   September 1998.  All participants of this meeting (including Study
   Group chairmen and the ISOC Vice President for Standards) assisted in
   the creation of this document.  Subsequently, it was sent to all
   ITU-T Study Groups and ISOC/IETF to ensure that everyone was aware of
   the process. Feedback is requested by the next meeting of TSAG in
   April 1999.  This document is identical to the document produced by
   TSAG.

   Please send any comments on this document to ISOC at poised at tis.com
   and for information to the ITU-T TSAG group at tsagco-op at itu.int

ISOC/IETF and ITU-T Collaboration

1 Scope

   This Liaison is sent to all ITU-T Study Groups to encourage and aid
   in the understanding of collaboration on standards development
   between the ITU-T and the Internet Society (ISOC) / Internet
   Engineering Task Force (IETF).  Feedback to TSAG is encouraged before
   its next meeting in April 1999.