Manros, Carl-Uno B cmanros at cp10.es.xerox.com
Mon Oct 26 13:36:34 EST 1998

All,

Some of the important agreements from the phone conference last week:

1) We need to update ALL our previous drafts (if for nothing else to update
some of the boiler plate text and the new reference versions).

2) Tom Hastings will take care of the Model and Rational drafts, Bob Herriot

the Protocol and LPD mapping drafts, Don Wright is hopefully still able to
do the Goals draft updates.

3) We will try to get a stable version of the Implementor's Guide draft and
add that to the IPP suite. Most of the text in the Implementor's Guide
will be material lifted from the earlier Model and Protocol drafts.
Carl-Uno Manros is the draft editor.

4) We will produce a new version of the IPP URL scheme document, but as this

is still far from agreed by the WG, it will not be considered part of the
IPP
suite for now and will not be forwarded to the IESG at this stage.
Bob Herriot is the draft editor.

5) We discussed the possibility of running Internet Fax over IPP, Richard
Shockey from the IFAX group participated. It was decided that Richard will
issue his latest version of the analysis document, that he has written, as a

personal I-D at this stage, and we will put it on the agenda for the IETF
meeting. We might try to hold a couple of special phone conferences on this
subject before the IETF meeting, but not until we have the new IPP drafts
done.

6) We expect to have preliminary drafts of all the documents for review in
the
Tucson IPP Meeting on November 10-12. We will review all changes at that
stage
and make final edits to the documents in time for submission for review in
the
December IETF meeting.

We will hold the weekly IPP phone conference as usual on Wednesday. Tom
Hastings
will lead it, as I will be on vacation. I expect that you will carry on the
discussion about final resolutions for any remaining issues.

Carl-Uno

Carl-Uno Manros
Phone +1-310-333 8273, Fax +1-310-333 5514
Email: manros at cp10.es.xerox.com