Hastings, Tom N hastings at cp10.es.xerox.com
Wed Nov 4 13:10:12 EST 1998

Issue 1.46: nlo 2 of 4: is a clarification to allow a sender to use
attribute NLO redundantly, i.e., supply
an attribute using textWithLanguage or nameWithLanguage when the request or
response is already in that natural language.

Issue 1.47 nlo 3 of 4: is a vote to delete a paragraph in Get-Jobs that says
a response MUST include the natural language of each job that is different
from the response (as "attributes-natural-language" as the first job
attribute returned).  In other words get ride of job-level NLO in Get-Jobs.

Issue 1.48 nlo 4 of 4: is a vote to delete 'textWithoutLanguage' and
'nameWIthoutLanguage' and require all senders and receivers to send/support
only 'textWIthLanguage' and 'nameWithLanguage'

Issue 1.51 is a clarification to allow Get-Jobs response to redundantly
supply job-level NLO (even when the job is in that same language).  This
clarification would become moot if the vote for 1.47 is yes (remove
job-level NLO).

Issue 1.52 is a clarification of whether Get-Jobs request for
"attributes-natural-language" could return it twice, once as job-level NLO
and once as the requested attribute. This clarification would become moot if
the vote for 1.47 is yes (remove job-level NLO).

See the issues list 1.6 for more details:

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/proposed-clarifications/ipp-issues-list-mod-1.
6-rev.doc
ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/proposed-clarifications/ipp-issues-list-mod-1.
6-rev.pdf
ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/proposed-clarifications/ipp-issues-list-mod-1.
6.pdf

Hope this helps.

Tom