IPP> Additional proposal details [why

Tom Hastings hastings at cp10.es.xerox.com
Wed Jan 7 14:32:36 EST 1998

At 06:51 01/07/1998 PST, Roger K Debry wrote:

On a get-jobs request to a printer-uri, the
"containing-printer-uri" attribute returned
for each job would be implementation-specific.
It would either be the "printer-URI" (non-TLS)
for the printer, or it could be a redirected
TLS URI. This needs to be implementation-specific
so as to allow servers to decide how job-
specific information is displayed for a
particular client.

<RKD> Sorry, but I'm totally confused here. I
<RKD> guess I missed it when "containing-
<RKD> printer-uri" slipped into the specification.
<RKD> Why do I ask a printer to tell me what jobs
<RKD> are queued on it, and expect every job to
<RKD> come back telling me what printer it is
<RKD> queued on???