Ira McDonald imcdonal at sdsp.mc.xerox.com
Wed Jan 6 12:39:45 EST 1999

Hi James,

Thanks for straightening us out here.  I'll have to go look
at the example in '...Schemes' about concrete templates
inheriting from an abstract template.  One of my continuing
concerns is to get the 'printer:' abstract template to settle
down in content, so that we can look at making SLPv1-compatible
concrete templates for each of the print protocols (LPR, IPP,
'raw-tcp', etc), because there's a fair amount of SLPv1
deployed, but not much SLPv2 yet, and anyway interworking
with SLPv1 Directory Agents is a pretty high priority
(from the myopic perspective of the printer community
- I could be all wet on this one too...).

Cheers,
- Ira McDonald (outside consultant at Xerox)
  High North Inc
  716-461-5667 (w/ voice mail)