A teleconference on the upcoming IPP Bake-Off was held.
The meeting's objective was to go through the prioritized test list and
flesh out some details. Issues of general concern were also discussed.
I have never been known for my note taking, but I think I captured the major
points and action items.
1) Swen will get a note out regarding the Xerox Test Tool - SJ
2) Microsoft will make their 9x IPP client available for the Bake-Off
3) Microsoft will bring their NT Server to the Bake-Off
4) Poll of chunking support(client/printer in/out) will be added to IPP
registration - PZ
5) Suppression of chunking test (411 code) will be added to the test plan -
6) Poll of security supported to be added to registration - PZ
7) Add kerboros to security test plan - PZ
8) Provide some time in the schedule for configuration/problems with CA and
proxies - PZ
9) Add cancel of someone else's job to security testing - PZ
10) Update NLO test in Xerox test - TH
11) Send out text that covers final resolution of NLO issue - TH
12) Add poll of natural-languages-supported and charset-supported to
registration - PZ
13) Add ipp scheme test to test plan - PZ
14) Create script for Xerox test tool for ipp: scheme - TH
15) Do not test time-out for multi-operation print submission
16) Test script should tie multi-operation-timeout to support of create-job
17) FTP and HTTP documents will be available for print by reference
18) Test script should insure that utf-8 is a supported charset - TH
19) fill out charset and natural language test for latin1 or EBCIDIC and
French. Use the listing of printer-description - PZ
20) Add IPP version number test to HTTP Version test - PZ
21) Add IPP version number test to Xerox test script - TH
22) Add proxy into version portion of test plan - PZ
23) Add invalid state transitions into hold/release test plan - PZ
24) Modify test scripts for spool/nonspool printers - TH
25) Make sure test plan accommodates both spooling and nonspooling printers
26) Add document-format coloring of get-printer-attributes to registration -
27) Large jobs should be used with chunking test, update plan - PZ
28) Get large postscript file - PZ
29) Get large graphics file - HP
30) Add test of alternative ports - PZ
That's what I had written down.
Stay tuned for Bake-Off registration ping.
Networked Products Business Unit
Email: Peter.Zehler at usa.xerox.com
Voice: (716) 265-8755
FAX: (716) 265-8792
US Mail: Peter Zehler
800 Phillips Rd.
Webster NY, 14580-9701