Hastings, Tom N hastings at cp10.es.xerox.com
Wed Nov 3 12:33:57 EST 1999

Ira,

Yes, there is some similarity with ISO DPA with subordinate IPP Printer
objects and DPA physical Printer objects.  However, we are also adding the
Device object to IPP which could be a small subset of the Printer MIB which
drivers and servers find useful for controlling the "lump of metal" with the
same protocol that they are submitting jobs.  The Device object is not
something in DPA.

Tom