McDonald, Ira imcdonald at sharplabs.com
Thu May 11 12:58:42 EDT 2000

Hi Erik,

THANKS!

I just checked this registry and found the old 'printer'
template (v1.0) which had serious attribute naming problems
when converted to an LDAP schema.  The IETF IPP WG considers
the SLP 'printer' v1.0 template obsolete and prefers the use
of the 'printer' v2.0 template which is currently located at:

ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

in the file:

draft-ietf-svrloc-printer-scheme-06.txt (8 March 2000)

I'm happy to follow the right procedure to get this revised
'printer' template registered - should I look at RFC 2609 and
submit it to you (the designated reviewer)?

Cheers,
- Ira McDonald, IPP WG member
  (co-author of SLP 'printer' template)
  (co-author of LDAP 'printer' schema)