McDonald, Ira imcdonald at sharplabs.com
Sun Mar 18 17:09:44 EST 2001

Hi Michael,

Note that my recommendation on best practice (straight out of
RFC 2617) use of 'cnonce' was for the IPP Implementors Guide,
not for the Protocol (RFC 2910).  We have lots of recommendations
and advice about HTTP usage already in the IIG.

Also, RFC 2617 makes clear that protecting the content with
Digest (over the content and not just the headers) is still
WEAK security, at best.  If you need real security, you need
a TLS session.  Ain't no other way to get there.

Cheers,
- Ira McDonald, consulting architect at Sharp and Xerox
  High North Inc