IPP> Duplicate ippget events

Marty Joel mjoel at netreon.com
Fri Jul 27 15:28:42 EDT 2001

Hi Michael,

I agree with everything you've said.

Actually, notify-sequence-number is what should be used by the client to
ignore duplicates.  For each subscription that matches its
Get-Notifications (usually only 1 subscription), it needs to know that
subscription ID and the last notify-sequence-number it received.  That
requires very little work on the part of the client.

Marty

Michael Sweet <mike at easysw.com>@pwg.org on 07/27/2001 11:39:42 AM

Sent by:  owner-ipp at pwg.org