IPP> RFC archive iin PDF

McDonald, Ira imcdonald at sharplabs.com
Mon Mar 18 16:21:43 EST 2002

Hi folks,

>From the current RFC Editor 'News' <http://www.rfc-editor.org/news.html>

The RFC Editor web pages have been reformatted for greater convenience.

The primary version of every RFC is encoded as an ASCII text file, which was
once the Lingua Franca of the computer world. However, users of Microsoft
Windows often have difficulty displaying vanilla ASCII text files with the
correct pagination. To meet this need, the RFC Editor plans to henceforth
provide a PDF format version of every RFC.

The RFC search engine at www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html now has buttons
labeled:

             RFC File: [X] ASCII+  [ ] PDF.

Choosing "PDF" will return the PDF version when the Number hyperlink is
activated.
NOTE: We have not yet settled on the file names to be used for the new PDF
repository, so it would be premature to build the present names
(pdfrfc/rfcnnnn.pdf) into any scripts.

Don Wright - you may now say "I told you so..."

Cheers,
- Ira McDonald
  High North Inc