[IPP] Re: RFC 5013 - 15 simple DC elements

Michael Sweet msweet at apple.com
Mon Nov 28 22:48:57 UTC 2011

On Nov 28, 2011, at 1:59 PM, Ira McDonald wrote:
> Hi Mike,
>
> You got it.
>
> Yes - I like this clean and simple approach.  It really hardly needs
> ABNF (though I could write a closed one for the 15 keywords in
> about 20 minutes).

I did an ABNF anyways, and allow the fixed set of 15 keyword in 5013 or any "x-foo" keyword for vendor/client-defined values that need to be propagated.

> One LAST question - do we want to stack these critters
> (keyword=value;keyword=value), so that each
> document-dc-metadata value is one *set* of related metadata
> (creator, date, etc.)?

That would open up quoting issues for the values - we could certainly do this, but given that we have a list of key/value pairs applying to the current document I don't see any advantage...

believed to be clean.