[IPP] Conference call today?

Ira McDonald blueroofmusic at gmail.com
Mon Jun 18 15:55:58 UTC 2012

Hi Bill,

Mike and I have just been emailing about IPP call this morning.

Mike's just starting into 3 weeks of email and I'm starting (at 2am
US EDT tomorrow morning) 3 days of Trusted Computing Group
meetings in Madrid, Spain.

You can have a Cloud call - I probably won't be able to attend
(due to Samsung tasks).

My only comment about the "progress" at the Cloud F2F is that
there are far too many first-class protocol endpoints in the Cloud
that the Client (and Print Manager) have to discover and talk to.

This is a nightmare for the IPP mapping in IPPSIX.  I've talked
offline w/ Glen Petrie about this.  At a minimum, I would like both
the Client and Print Manager to never talk to the Cloud Print
System Service (just make requests to Cloud Print Provider),
so that only 2 Cloud entities w/ *standards-based* interfaces are
ever exposed to the non-Cloud endpoints.

Co-Chair - IEEE-ISTO PWG IPP WG
Chair - TCG Embedded Systems Hardcopy SG
Blue Roof Music/High North Inc
mailto:blueroofmusic at gmail.com
Winter  579 Park Place  Saline, MI  48176  734-944-0094
Summer  PO Box 221  Grand Marais, MI 49839  906-494-2434

On Mon, Jun 18, 2012 at 11:33 AM, William A Wagner
<wamwagner at comcast.net> wrote:
> Is there  call today?  I have seen no email although June F2F slides
> indicated a conference call at 3 EDT today.  I do not recall this being
> rescheduled during the meeting ; I think I would have suggested a Cloud
> meeting otherwise, to try to take advantage of the momentum we had started
> to gain in the Cloud Model.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Bill Wagner
>

> --