[IPP] RFC: Identify-Printer mini-extension

Michael Sweet msweet at apple.com
Mon Dec 9 21:17:54 UTC 2013

Ira,

On Dec 9, 2013, at 3:04 PM, Ira McDonald <blueroofmusic at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Mike,
>
> I like your clarifications as suggested.
>
> Are you suggesting a *tiny* document that updates JPS3 and extends
> Identify-Printer?

No, I really don't want to open up that can of worms.

> It seems like it would be nice to handle this as a minor release update
> to JPS3 (so that everyone sees it).  I know, process...process.  But this
> seems like the cleaner fix to me.

I know I don't have the cycles or the energy to update JPS3 right now.  Given our recent move to start accepting value registrations on the mailing list (with the mailing list serving as the durable source of information), I was hoping we could simply treat these as new value registrations for existing attributes and do the registration.  Both attributes are type2 and permit extension without full standards backing them...