[IPP] Updated draft of IPP Implementor's Guide v2.0 posted to PWG FTP site

Kennedy, Smith (Wireless Architect) smith.kennedy at hp.com
Thu Jan 9 21:26:50 UTC 2014

Greetings,

At long last I’ve posted a new baseline draft of the IPP Implementor’s Guide v2.0 to the PWG FTP site.  Notable changes among others are:

1. Addressed scenario where Create-Job created the job but Send-Document fails (triggered by query from vendor: what to do when document-format is unsupported?)
2. Added new proposed operation for filtering features for a given user (JPS4?) Moved discussion of xxx-actual use to its own section (currently section 11.1)
3. Expanded discussion of Send-URI / document-by-reference and recommended generally against it
4. Added new section 9 for covering IPP Notifications

There are still a number of TBD areas that need filling out.  We also may want to consider limiting the scope of this document, since it seems to be growing in a more-or-less open ended manner.

http://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ippig20-20140109.pdf
http://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ippig20-20140109.docx
http://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ippig20-20140109-rev.pdf

Please review and post comments to this reflector, or bring your comments to the conference call.

Cheers,
Smith

/**
    Smith Kennedy